JOB NEGOTIATION COACHING
1-on-1 advice package
The aim of the Job Negotiation coaching process is to support applicants in their process of negotiating an academic staff position they got offered. Typically, these applicants find themselves in a weak position and tend to accept positions as offered. They are unaware of crucial aspects that need to be clarified with their future employer before they accept the position to avoid any disadvantages for them.
Our coaching provides applicants with the necessary information to strengthen their confidence and their position in the negotiation process. They get informed about all relevant aspects that need to be addressed in the negotiation process, including:
– defining a negotiation aim
– getting to know the negotiation partners
– details for the probation period
– starting date
– teaching responsibilities
– research contents
– funding and equipment provided
– relocation support
- Postdocs or Researchers with completed PhD who are in the process of applying for an academic staff position or are in the negotiation process regarding an offered position.
The Job Negotiation Coaching will be offered in 1-h long sessions that are virtually held via video-conferencing tools.
Scientists who received a job offer
1 h video session
Dr. Bärbel Tress